Monday, January 17, 2011

Green Hydrangea Wedding...

Here's a lovely wedding that I have been so excited to share!  This was a stunning event that took place in November... the ceremony was at a gorgeous old Kansas City church with beautiful views of downtown (St. John the Baptist), and the reception took place at the always amazing Club 1000.  

These lovely wedding-day images are courtesy of Jessica with Epaga Foto, she captured this event beautifully!  I love this image of the gorgeous happy bride and her girls. 


Lori wanted all of her flowers to be in the perfect shade of green, and she especially loved green hydrangeas.  She wanted her bridesmaids to have simple round bouquets, entirely made up of hydrangea, with lace handles... it came together beautifully!  Her bouquet featured a variation of lovely ivory blooms- hydrangea, roses, gardenias, pearl-centered stephanotis, and tulips (another favorite bloom!).  The flower girls wore adorable little hydrangea halos... how cute is that image where she's looking in the mirror, below?   






The ceremony featured more gorgeous blooms to carry the theme throughout the day!  Here, she wanted lots of green Bells of Ireland, and we also incorporate more of the tulips and larger-scaled white blooms for the altar.  I especially had fun designing the pew markers- it was challenging to include the very tall, slender Bells of Ireland here, but they turned out perfectly I thought!  

The reception space had an amazing vibe... it's so much fun to work with a modern, raw white space like Club 1000 because there's so much we can do!  She chose to rent these huge black iron shepherd's hook centerpieces from us, and I'm so glad she did!  They really brought the space to life, and the fresh green of the centerpieces was so fresh and fun... it was the perfect mix of classic, modern, and romantic.  Jessica captured these new centerpieces perfectly for me- I am thrilled to have these as a new rental option for my brides.  My artist friend Marcy and her husband Dave made these pieces by hand for their own wedding (and sold them to me!)- they are wrought iron shepherd's hooks that hold a "candelier" at the top... it makes for an amazing combination of floral, architecture, and candle light!  











Half of the tables featured our black stone garden urns, which are a great accompaniment to the iron.  We used green hydrangea, hypericum berries, roses, and Bells of Ireland throughout these lush, huge gorgeous pieces!







Lori (and Sherri), I can't thank you enough for being such a JOY to work with.  I love my job even more when I'm given the creative freedom to do beautiful work that I'm proud of... so THANKS!  :)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

woo hoo for beautiful flowers and a beautiful couple! Great job (as always) Erin.

botanical brouhaha said...

Love, love, love the way you used hydrangeas in this wedding, Erin! Simply beautiful!

J's Mom said...

first off I want to say what lovely pictures. I love the halos and want to do something like that for my daughter, I was wondering how well they held up. I have heard they wilt very fast.

J's Mom said...

beautiful